Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Foodie Penpals

It amazes me how every single month my Foodie Penpal never ceases to impress!!! This month my package came from Joanna, who blogs over at Midwestern Bite!  I knew based on our email conversations she was going to put together a great package, and that she did:

Pop Chips {Sour Cream and Onion}
Tomato Preserve {from the Amish Country}
Honey Sticks
Bee Pollen
Esther Price Chocolate {a local favorite and popular gift} 



Joann mentioned in her card that Bee Pollen has a lot of health benefits, so I quickly started doing some research. One website said A supply of bee pollen is like holding a whole health food store in the palm of your hand. This one convenient source is a storehouse of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats and oils, carbohydrates, amino acids, over 5,000 enzymes and coenzymes, hormones, peptones, polypeptides and globulins, high concentrations of the nucleic acids RNA and DNA, and a variety of antibiotic substances. Another site referred to it as a superfood.  I've started out by putting a small amount of bee pollen on my PB toast, and am looking forward to incorporating it into more recipes.



I wasn't sure what to think about the Tomato Preserve, but it is delicious....especially as part of an almond butter & jelly sandwich!


This just might be new favorite dressing...good thing I can order it online

I love the opportunity  to meet new people every week from all over the country and to try local flavors from all over.  You too can join in on the Foodie Pen Pal fun:


2 comments:

  1. I love Pop Chips and just got that flavor at the store tonight. I am excited to eat them for lunch tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna is quite creative with her package finds!

    ReplyDelete